Thursday, August 13, 2009

The kid who threw the beer on Shane Victorino's head

The kid who threw a beer on Shane Victorino's head, while he was trying to make a catch, turned himself into authorities today. He is a 21-year old from where: BARTLETT, Illinois. To my one reader who commented earlier today, Dan, YES, he was from the Western Suburbs and a douche-bag. I go on rants about these western-suburbs losers all the time (see my post about the Captain Morgan Club from a few days ago). Somebody needs to tell these dicks to get the hell out of town, nobody wants you in Chicago. They are fairly easy to spot, usually wearing some sort of plaid shorts, an Ed Hardy-esque T-shirt, or some sort of expensive yet lame Cubs shirt, and they likely are wearing their sunglasses on top of their heads. Oh, and they can handle drinking about 6 beers max before their equally lame girlfriends or bang-bros need to walk them home from the Cubbie Bear, Moe's Cantina, Sluggers, or Casey Moran's after the game (those are my four worst rated bars in the Wrigleyville area). I am sick and tired of all these clowns graduating from College and moving into this great city and making real Chicagoans and Cubs fans look bad.

Also, Shane Victorino is a pussy for pressing charges against this kid in the first place. I mean c'mon man, it was only a beer dumped on you, and you made the catch regardless, get a life!

Furthermore, today's game sucked. Ryan Dempster lost again, which I believe I predicted in my morning post. Not a shocker for me, the guy is a bad pitcher, who had a career year last year, and duped Jim Hendry into giving him a 5-yr deal. I only caught a few minutes of the game on the radio this afternoon and the one half inning I could sit through was the inning Dumpster gave up 4 runs on a "wind-aided" HR to Ryan Howard and a solo shot by Pedro Feliz. I love how the delusional Cubs fans and the media are trying to let Demp off the hook by calling Howard's dinger "wind aided" get real, Howard is the Bill Brasky of baseball and Dempster sucks, the result: a HR! Do not blame the wind, blame the crappy pitcher, who also happened to walk the guys in front of Howard. The Cubs will not win consistently with Dempster in the rotation and I will leave it at that. Maybe he will come back focused and improved next season, but I doubt it. He will more than likely just continue to pitch like the number 4 or 5 starter that he actually is for the remainder of his time with the Cubs.

5 comments:

  1. I'm always skeptical of anyone from the western suburbs. I had a very bad experience at a cubs game with some douchenozzels from Lombard and haven't wanted to go to Wrigley much since then. The western suburbs are to Chicago what Long Island is to New York. It's the breeding ground of a bunch of bro-dawg/wigger assholes who think they know everything about the city and their loud-mouthed meat-headed shenanigans are their god given right and their killer tilted hat, gold necklace, outfit from pacific sunwear, and audi that their parents bought for them make them superior to everyone around them. I find them to be insufferable pricks and find solace in the fact that they are not actually from Chicago and any neighborhood outside of Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville and River North would cause them to shit their pants in fear of the non-whites wandering around. In summation, fuck the western suburbs; wipe them off the map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with your bar ratings:

    Cubbie bear, Sluggers and Moe’s - agreed, but surely Barleycorn is worse than Casey Moran’s if you want to round out a top 4 worst bars. Moran’s offers a rooftop deck and an outside/inside patio area; and has decent weeknight burger/beer deals. Conversely, Barleycorn makes Cubs fans take their baseball hats off post 10 PM, and becomes a “euro dance party” that seems strangely out of place in Wrigleyville. Furthermore, the bar has a weird fisherman and boating décor to it. I’m not saying Casey Moran’s is the best bar in Wrigelyville, but it sure ain’t the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An oversight on my part. The reason I left it out is because I am thankful enough to have never gone to Barleycorn in Wrigleyville. I guess part of me just wishes it was not a bar in the first place. But you're right, it does belong in there over Casey Moran's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barleycorn is awful. I didn't know they made you take your hat off after 10. I'm glad to say I haven't been there in such an instance because I would need to be removed by force. $9 for a (not tall) redbull and vodka was enough for me.

    Casey Morans is pretty decent, but I've only been for rented out parties in the back room. Gingerman is my favorite wrigleyville bar, but I associate it more with the Metro than with Wrigley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My "Best Bar" would be Full Shilling hands down, I don't think I need to tell you how awesome that bar is, I practically live there, I feel like Norm from Cheers. Then, I actually like Piano Man, good Jukebox, cheap beer, shady locals, my kind of place. Rebel is solid too, but that is because we know the owners.

    ReplyDelete