Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs

This figures, what a jerk. Manny Ramirez hit like a mad man last summer and fall. Too bad he had to cheat to put up such big numbers. Apologists like ESPN's Peter Gammons are saying its not a big deal because it wasn't necessarily steroids, rather a medication prescribed to help him recover from an injury/illness quickly. I thought that was one of the reasons to take steroids? I once had to take steroids for inflammation of the jaw, and it made me much stronger, seriously. Gammons is douche, I just lost a lot of respect for him. Thank goodness he is suspended though, this will likely slow the LA Dodgers. In fact in the past, their offense has been hapless without him. This is what they get for having a cheater on their team. Who next to be caught using performance enhancing drugs?

I just wish that ESPN and the national media would stop playing this down. I just don't understand why they like Manny so much. Face it, he is an older player putting up huge numbers, hmm, sounds like a guy who was using steroids to me.

May I add that the Cubs have a 4 game series with the Dodgers at the end of May. Let's see how tough the Dodgers are without their steroid-using, fraud, Manny.

No comments:

Post a Comment