Thursday, May 14, 2009

What is the deal with Pat Hughes?

First of all let me start by saying that I think Pat Hughes is a terrific play-by-play announcer and is one of the best in the history of the Cubs. Today I was listening to the Cubs broadcast on WGN 720 AM in my kitchen. In the bottom of the third, Micah Hoffpauir hit a ball to deep left, and Hughes was yelling and saying "that ball is........caught at the wall." Hughes gets over excited for everyball hit to the warning track, it is misleading to listeners, and just annoying. He did this again later in the inning when Reed Johnson hit one to the warning track. Then in the top of the fourth, Adrian Gonzalez hit one out and he just acted as if it is was no big deal. Please Pat stop freaking out every time someone hits a fly ball to the outfield! Only call a HR if it is actually going to leave the park, I am tired of being fooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment