Saturday, June 13, 2009

Game Time, other thoughts

I once again fell ass-backwards into a free ticket today. I hope the game does not get rained out. If it does I already have tickets for tomorrow's game, so I guess I would be attending a double-header. If today's game does not get rained out, who is going to start for the Cubs? I do not think it would be wise to send Rich Harden out there considering he just came off the DL. With the potential for an interrupted game, I would expect the Cubs to move Ted Lilly up a day, or start Sean Marshall instead.

Also, rumor has it that the Cubs have been scouting free-agent P Pedro Martinez in the Dominican Republic. I am not sure as to why they would be interested? Maybe as insurance if Harden breaks down and if Randy Wells comes back to reality. Or possibly they could be considering him as a reliever, he could not be much worse than Aaron Heilman. It remains to be seen if the Cubs could even sign Martinez given the current ownership situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment